Many of the people hit hardest by COVID-19 have never had to ask for help before. Not only are they feeling the stress of the pandemic but mounting bills and financial woes are tipping many households into crisis.

Here are the ways your household may be able to get financial assistance:

Apply for financial assistance through This application process takes a couple of weeks and requires documentation of your income and residency. CARES Act can pay for rent or mortgage help up to $3,000, licensed child or adult care up to $1,000, and electric or gas payments up to $1,000. To be eligible to receive these funds, your household earned income must fall within the chart below. Clients who qualify but are in need of further assistance may be eligible for Coronavirus Relief Funds. CRF determinations are made by Charlotte County Human Services.

Provided by Charlotte County

Households that met or meet the above income requirements can also qualify for reimbursement of future or past payments made to Charlotte County Utilities. If your household paid a water bill to CCU and you have applied and were approved for assistance through, contact CCU as soon as possible at 941-764-4567 or [email protected] for more information about a possible reimbursement or payment plan.

While funds last, Season of Sharing is a program administered by the United Way of Charlotte County that does not require income eligibility. To apply in-person, go to the Charlotte County Homeless Coalition, any St. Vincent de Paul in Charlotte County, or Deep Creek Community Church or apply online at

For additional information, contact Charlotte County Utilities at 941-764-4567 or [email protected] or Charlotte County Human Service at 2-1-1 or go online to

Source link


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here